An overview of the festival's schedule.
Friday, April 17 - DEPART SCHOOL / ARRIVAL IN SUN PEAKS, BC (30 mins from Kamloops)
Board your coach and depart school for Sun Peaks, BC. Sun Peaks is a beautiful alpine Village located 30 minutes outside of Kamloops, BC. It is BC's second largest ski resort and a perfect place for a music festival.
Arrive in Sun Peaks and check into your hotel.
The festival commences at 12 Noon. Choirs to perform today in the Ballroom at the Sun Peaks Grand Hotel. A warm up is followed by an adjudicated performance, then a 30 minute workshop.
Late afternoon Mass instrumental and voice workshops take place at Bentos day Lodge.
Directors are invited to meet colleagues, adjudicators, and festival organizers at the Director's Reception hosted by Affinity Group Tours.
Also, this evening, there is a Student Social which gives the students an opportunity to interact with other young people.
Saturday, April 18 - SUN PEAKS
Adjudication and workshops for Concert Bands and Jazz Bands takes place today. Each give an adjudicated performance that becomes the basis for building on ensemble strengths in the 30-minute workshop that follows. Each ensemble receives recorded and/or written comments and a plaque.
Concert Bands to perform in the Ballroom at the Sun Peaks Grand Hotel. Audience is open to all.
Jazz bands performances at the Bento’s Day Lodge Jazz Café. Audience is open to all.
7:00 pm Catholic Mass offered at the Alpine Room.
This evening, your Second Festival Concert featuring special guest performers.
Sunday, April 19 - SUN PEAKS, BC / ARRIVAL BACK HOME
8 am -11:30 am Morning Instrumental workshops at the Festival.
Groups pick up adjudication and plaques.
12:00 Noon: The festival is over. Return home, stopping for meals along the way.
Arrive at your school in the late afternoon or evening.
- Roundtrip transfers from School to Sun Peaks, BC in Passenger Coach
- 2 night's moderate accommodation in Sun Peaks – HOTEL or CONDO ACCOMMODATION including all taxes;
- Festival fees: includes your performance, 30-minute adjudication, 30-minute workshop, 2 evening concerts, massed ensembles;
- Directors reception;
- Student social;
- Complimentary Student activities including Scavenger Hunt, Recreational Centre entrances, and a Nature Walk.
- All applicable taxes;
- Services, planning & on-site representation of Affinity Group Tours & Cantando Festival staff
- Meals other than specified above (MEAL PLANS ARE AVAILABLE)
- Optional sightseeing, activities or entrance fees anywhere
- Tips or Gratuities to anyone, including Coach drivers
- Parking fees, phone calls, items of a personal nature
- Items not specified as being included above
- Optional Trip Cancellation Insurance